My kids aren’t huge “red sauce” fans, and I’m not either. I think the acid is too much for them, and me! Here’s a red sauce alternative for a pre-made meatball dish and just as easy to whip up!
- Prep Time: 10 Mins
- Pots and pans needed: 1 pot
- Allergy friendly: can make subs to accommodate any allergy!
- Parent & Kid friendly
- Price per serving: varies depending on your ingredients. Go with what you have!
- Soy sauce (3 tablespoons or 6 packets)
- Frozen/premade meatball of choice – they have vegan/veg options!
- 1/4 cup Hoisin Sauce
- 4 tablespoons sweet chili sauce (skip it if spice isn’t your thing and sub honey)
- 1/4 cup of veg broth (for moisture)
- 1 tablespoon of oil (I used sesame for flavor, but sub out if you have a seed allergy)
Just mix everything together on medium until your balls are soft. There are soooo many puns I could do right now, but I’m going to refrain… Pair with a starch (minute rice is so easy) and a veg or 2 (I steamed kale & spinach), broccoli would have been awesome, by no dice! Use watcha have!